Idolatry banner

Friday, August 2, 2013

Horsetail Grass, Rich in Silica




It is time once again, much to my own chagrin, to cut the nails on my left hand. Hopefully, it is obvious from the above pictures how they might tend to get caught up in my bass strings as I play. It seems that this alone would tend to break them off, but it does not.
How, you might ask, do I keep them so long and thick? Why, the same way my hair already needs a trim, when I just hacked 5 inches off it 2 months ago. I am already sitting on my hair again, and that, to me, is almost as annoying as getting your nails caught in your bass strings.
The secret to both is Horsetail Grass. I don’t even take it regularly anymore, for to do so I fear might turn me into Rapunzel, and I may not even be able to play my bass from my tower.
From what I understand, Horsetail Grass,  is a very ancient herb. One of the oldest on the planet, perhaps. It is also know as “Scouring Rushes”, because people used to use it to scrub their pots clean in Medieval times.
Horsetail Grass is said to be one of the richest sources of Silica around. Silica is obviously quite good for your hair and nails. I told a friend who plays guitar about it recently, and she says it has done wonders for her nails.
The source of my information is personal experience, and years of combing through arcane herbals, such as Culpeper’s. I did; however run across this informative article about Horsetail Grass, and Silica, if anyone would like to read more.


Originally published on FullofKnowledge, July 3rd, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment