Idolatry banner

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Now, Honey, Please... I've Got a Headache!

Wikimedia Commons, Public Domain.
I've never understood the phrase, apparently echoed around the world by women daily (or nightly), "Not tonight, honey, I've got a headache." To me this makes absolutely no sense. When I suffer from headaches, especially of the migraine variety, a good round of sex seems to be the best, quickest, and most effective of all cures for it. Maybe this is just me, but  I would like to see further research into this subject.

I might even be willing to participate in such research when I am in the midst of a gut wrenching migraine, and I've no partner around to "help out" in that respect. No, I probably would not, as I am a very monogamous person by nature, but in the throes of a massive brain throb, the thought does cross one's mind.

Am I alone in my feeling that sex is the best pain reliever in such instances. According to most women, I must be, or such a heinously inaccurate phrase (in my opinion, at least) would not exist. Still, there has to be a connection, and I did find an article about it, which seems to state that it is different for everyone.

Apparently, some women experience relief, as I do, but for others, sex can actually cause a headache. I am terribly glad I am not one of those unfortunate souls. It seems a bit unfair, really. I can't help but wonder (probably out of my own vehement feelings about this, and my personal experience to the contrary) how truthful some of these women are really being.

This is probably just me, as I can't possibly know what the experience is like for anyone but myself, now can I? I would be very interested in hearing the experience of other women, and men too, for that matter, on what I think is a fascinating subject. Opinions, on one side, or the other? A debate on the value of sex with regard to headaches and/or migraines would be readily welcome here.

Source article : .huffingtonpostsex-migraine-pain-study

1 comment: