Idolatry banner

Monday, November 18, 2013

Missing Halloween? Already? Why, YES!

Yes, the Halloween season is over and gone, and there are other holidays upon us now. However, being a Goth, you will have to excuse my being nostalgic for it already. I thought I might curb my lack of enthusiasm for the forthcoming holidays with a bit of haunted house cheer.



Looking through the photos I took this season, I have picked out the ones I liked the make up in best in, and decided to share them here. I've used the Aztec Blue make up I made from recycled old make up that would have otherwise been thrown away. You can find out how I managed that in my article about it on FullofKnowledge .

In some cases I used an eyeliner pencil for the black areas, but in order to give it more staying power, I often used a simple Sharpie permanent black marker, and drew over that with black eye shadow to blend and soften.. This usually lasted the entire night, even through my splashing water everywhere.

Occasionally, when time would allow me to be more creative, I added other colors such as red, yellow, or green. However, more often than not, I only had time to slap on a bit of the Aztec blue, cover that with powder, then Sharpie the rest on with the permanent marker.

I do NOT recommend others using permanent marker, for many people have very sensitive skin, and it can be quite irritating, especially around the eyes, which is where I focus most of all. Still. I know of other people who do it. It was even used by the make up artists at the haunt where I work, in a pinch.

What follows are a few of my favorites out of the nights I actually remembered to photograph myself. Some are rather simple, while others are quite complex. It all hinged on how much time was available to "play" with it.











No comments:

Post a Comment